Monday, January 10, 2011

Chicken & Black Bean Stir-fry


This is a very healthy stir-fry that is free of most allergens!  Have fun adding additional spices or vegetables.  I am not the best with measurements as you will see in my recipes.  I cook by portions for my family.  I decide how much meat each person needs, then I add the amount of vegetables(this depends on which ones I like best or have on hand!)  You really can't mess this recipe up because the sauce is basically salsa, so add as much as your heart desires and season accordingly.
Chicken and Black Bean Stir-Fry
1-2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
½ c. rice flour(I use brown)
oregano, pepper & salt
1-2 T. olive oil
In a small bowl mix flour and spices together, add chicken and stir to coat.  In a large skillet heat olive oil and stir-fry chicken until cooked through.
Remove the chicken and place on a separate plate, then add the following ingredients to the pan.  Stir-fry for 3-4 min.
2 colored  peppers, sliced
1 small onion(red, yellow, or white), chopped
Add:   1 can drained black beans
          1 c. frozen corn
          2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
Stir-fry for an additional 2 min.
Add:   1 c. salsa                          ½ c. cilantro
          1 chopped tomato             the cooked chicken
Stir and cook 1 more minute.   
Salt and pepper to taste(it will need a bunch).  Feel free to add additional spices when cooking.  I usually add some extra oregano or Italian spices.  Serve over rice(We love the short grain brown rice).

No comments:

Post a Comment