Sunday, January 30, 2011

BBQ Chicken - Crockpot Style

I'm sure this dinner is not new to you, but it is quick, easy, and yummy.  Whenever I make this, I always make enough for two meals.  If we have it over rice the 1st night, the next night I make BBQ Chicken Salad, or BBQ Pizza, or BBQ Chicken sandwiches. I have also used pork with great results.
There really isn't a specific recipe, but this is what I usually do.

BBQ Chicken in the Crockpot
4-6 Chicken breasts
1 16 oz. bottle of BBQ Sauce(we like Bulls Eye- it is gluten free & has no HFCS)
2-3 T. agave/honey(a big squirt will do)
I like to spray my crockpot with cooking spray to prevent burning/sticking.  Anyway, layer the chicken and BBQ sauce, squirt some sweetness on top and turn it on low.  Cook for about 8 hours.  I'm sure High will also do, probably only 4 hours.  Shred and serve over rice, or chunk and use however your heart desires.
*I don't like to throw in my chicken breasts frozen because the extra water can really water the sauce down.

No comments:

Post a Comment