Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gluten Free Thai Peanut Noodle Salad

So sorry I haven't been around, life has been crazy.  I have felt none of my meals have been blog worthy, or I haven't taken a picture.  After pounding tons of candy the last few days, I decided to post a healthy, delicious, peanutty, cilantroey, salad option.  I love peanuts and cilantro, so if you do, you will love this.  If you don't, try it any way!  I got the recipe from our best bites, so you can check out their step by step lovely pictures and instructions.  I will off you the cliff note version.  Like most my meals, this recipe is a guideline, alter it to your tastes, or to your portions.  I'm sure I never measure or make it the same twice.  This recipe makes a lot - feel free to cut it in half.

Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
8 oz Linguine or Spaghetti(we like Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta)
4 C shredded greens: any combo of napa cabbage, romaine lettuce or even spinach
2 C thinly sliced purple cabbage
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, julienned
1/2 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
3 C diced grilled chicken
honey roasted peanuts (about 1/2 cup)
Cook pasta according to directions, rinse with cold water and set aside. Prepare vegetables and toss with chicken.  In a blender combine the following ingredients for the dressing.
  Peanut Dressing
1/2 C peanut butter
1 lime, juiced and zested
2 1/2 t sesame oil
1 T  rice wine vinegar
2 T gluten free soy sauce
3 T honey
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 T minced ginger
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro (stems and all)
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/4 t sea salt
1-2 t  chili powder
2-4 T water
Now it's time to assemble.  In a large bowl, drizzle 1/2 the dressing over the pasta and stir to coat.  Add in vegies and chicken and remaining dressing.  Toss.  Top with peanuts and fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment