Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chicken Wontonless Salad

I used to be one of those people who had to have something crunchy on my salad - croutons, wontons, chineese noodles, chips, etc.  Over the years I guess I have come to appreciate a salad for other reasons other than the unhealthy ones.  I love the dressing on this salad, it looks pretty boring, and if I just saw the recipe I wouldn't have tried it.  However, my good friend made it, and I was hooked after one bite.  It is mild, yet tasty, and very easy to whip up.  As like all my recipes, adapt this to your desires and portions and enjoy!
Chicken Wontonless Salad
2 chicken breasts, marinated in equal parts sugar and gf soy sauce(1/4 c. each), then baked at 350 until done(25 min) and diced
3 hearts of romaine, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
2 sm. cans mandarin oranges, drained
almonds
sesame seeds
not pictured, but would have added if had on hand
sugar snap peas
bean sprouts
Dressing
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/4 c. oiil
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. sesame oil
1 T. rice vinegar
Shake together your dressing ingredients and pour over your chopped salad ingredients.  Pour on dressing right before eating for best results!

No comments:

Post a Comment