Sunday, April 3, 2011

Polynesian Chicken

I think I have fed this meal to everyone in my neighborhood.  When I take dinner to someone, this is my go to meal.  I usually always have the ingredients on hand, the kids like the fruit, and it doesn't look "weird" to the gluten eaters who think we only eat strange food!

Polynesian Chicken
2-3 Chicken breasts
½ c. rice flour
1 T. butter
Melt butter in 9x13 pan.  Cut chicken into bite size chunks and roll in rice flour.  Spread chicken in pan and bake at 350 for 25 min., or until done. Remove and set aside.
1 ½ c. Orange juice                    3 T. lemon juice
¾ c. brown sugar                       2 T. corn starch
3 T. soy sauce(make sure it is gluten free)
In saucepan, mix sugar and corn starch, then stir in liquids.  Stir constantly until mixture thickens.
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 can mandarin oranges
sesame seeds(optional)
Arrange fruit over the chicken, then pour the sauce over the fruit.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds and return to the oven for 15 m. or until heated through.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment