Sunday, July 3, 2011

Creamy Cinnamon Syrup


Sorry it has been a while, I just got back from helping with a girl's camp for a week.  Now I need a week to recover!  I promised our favorite Cinnamon Syrup that makes everything taste like a cinnamon roll.  You have got to try it out!  I love to cook from my food storage so I use noninstant dried milk.  Don't let this scare you, I'll post all the variations at the bottom in case you don't use dried milk!

 Creamy Cinnamon Syrup
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. water
1/4 c. powdered milk
½ t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
2 T. butter

Easiest Method:  Place everything but vanilla & butter in a blender.  Blend on high for 4-5 min.(3 min. if you have a blender similar to a Vitamix/Blendtec).  Stir in vanilla & butter.

Method #2:  Bring sugars, water, milk and cinnamon to a boil, stirring constantly.  Cook and stir for 3 min.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter, stirring until butter is melted.

Milk substitutions:  If you don't cook with powdered milk, and you can handle dairy, replace water and dried milk with 1 c. evaporated milk. 
If you like coconut -Use 1/2 c. coconut milk/ 1/2 c. water.  The syrup will have a slight coconut flavor.
If you don't like coconut and you don't do dairy, try one of your favorite milks, it will just be slightly thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment