Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chicken Taco Salad


I was so excited to see that Linda is hosting create a salad this month for her gluten free challenge.  Check out all the yummy recipes.  This is one of my all time favorite salad recipes - hope you like it, too!  The recipe is for a huge amount, I usually do about 2/3 the amount (about 2 of everything), but do whatever works for your house!

Chicken Taco Salad
2-4 chicken breasts
Marinate in 1 c. honey, 1 c. gf soy sauce and garlic)
Bake 350 for 25 m.  Cool and dice or shred
3 cans black beans
3 cans white corn(I use frozen)
2 cucumbers
2 avocados
3 tomatoes
3 peppers – red, green and yellow
1 red onion                                          1 pkg. homemade ranch dressing
4-5 fresh limes                                  1-2 heads lettuce
3 T. rice vinegar                                 1 bag lime tortilla chips
Dice and mix together.
Layer:  chips, lettuce, veggies and dressing!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love taco inspired things and I love how you could easily make it vegetarian! I think I will have to give this a try someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so colorful and I love all the ingredients you used. Thanks for participating in the salad challenge.

    ReplyDelete